If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
Just a head’s up – Get Elastic is taking a break for Labor Day and will be back in full swing on Tuesday. Enjoy your weekend, and don’t work too hard!
Before we start the link list, are you aware of our multi-conference-slash-book-giveaway?
And have you signed up for our webinar on conversion testing yet? We’re also giving away copies of Bryan Eisenberg and John Quarto-VonTivadar’s book “Always Be Testing” (click for a sample chapter).
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
I also want to let you know about our friend Chad White from the Email Experience Council’s latest reportlet – the Retail Email Guide to the Holiday Season. If you do any email marketing you must subscribe to the Retail Email Blog. You can find the best and worst of retail email campaigns by season, by retailer, by topic and more including the most interesting subject lines appearing each morning in the AM Inbox column.
Alright, on with the links!
- Our own VP of Innovation will be speaking at Marketing Sherpa’s B-to-B Demand Generation Summit in October. His presentation is dubbed How an Integrated Social Media Program Doubled Lead Volume at Elastic Path Software (that’s our company!). Jason Billingsley gives a sneak preview in this podcast on how marketers can take advantage of blogging, even on a shoestring budget.
- Google is always testing – but often the tests are so subtle you hardly notice them. Andy Beal and Manoj Jasra both spotted some, betcha can’t tell what Google’s testing just by looking at the screenshots… (Jason’s also caught Google in the act before with PPC ads and Search Engine Land found Google going green.)
- *Cough* We have a webinar coming up on testing your site *cough.* You can sign up here.
- Something else is cooking in Google search – Google Suggest is now unrolling across all data centers. So what? Some think this means the end of the long tail, or at least a major snipping of it. Both Jaan Kanellis and Scott Clark have good predictions on what this means to Internet marketers.
- Lucas Weber has some smart ideas for handling time sensitive email creative.
- We know customers looooove free shipping, but who wants to sacrifice the cushy margin on shipping to offer it? It’s not so painful when you’ve got negotiation skills. Maxim Mironov provides tips on shipping account manager relations.
- Avinash Kaushik doesn’t post daily, but when he does post, it’s very meaty and thorough. Continuing the theme of competitive intelligence, Avinash explains everything you need to know about Google Insights for Search, with good examples applicable to online retail.