If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Being Halloween and all, let’s start off with Negotiate FAK or Bleed to Death – the latest entry by Maxim Mironov who blogs regularly about how to save millions by optimizing your ecommerce fulfillment. Don’t be scared if you don’t know what FAK stands for, Maxim explains it.
- Alexander Interactive examines several recent articles regarding free shipping this holiday season, including USA Today, the New York Times and Ad Age and provides 8 solid recommendations in its white paper Free Shipping: Holiday Hit or Headache?. (This link points to the online version, no download required).
- On the Practical Ecommerce blog, Brian Getting tackles the web designer’s nemesis – cross-browser compatibility problems with his own 3 group approach to hacking CSS to display nicely for all visitors.
- Amazon gets innovative with its new microsite WindowShop. You really have to visit the site to get the idea of it, but e-Consultancy has a good overview of the WindowShop concept.
- Khalid Hajsaleh from Invesp Consulting shares what he’s learned from 12 years of building ecommerce websites.
- Not only does web analytics have 8 stupid things and 3 things to die for, it also has 7 deadly sins courtesy of Bryan Eisenberg.
- Is your site optimized for short attention spans? Justin Palmer provides tips for preventing controllable distractions, creating urgency, recapturing lost opportunities and more.