If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Did you miss this week’s webinar? Don’t miss our on-demand replay Multi-Store Retailing Online: Perks and Pitfalls or December’s webinar Dangerous Marketing Ahead: How to Break Bad Habits and Survive a Deep Recession.
- I want to start off with a link from John Audette. He doesn’t post too often but when he does, seriously, it’s good stuff. Audette Media has built an interactive “Marketing Cube” tool that helps you rate the effectiveness of your various online marketing strategies like blogging, social media, affiliate marketing and Pay Per Click using three campaign priorities: Time to Results, Persistency of Results, and Measurable ROI so you can make better decisions for budget allocation. Yes, it’s free.
- Public Service Announcement: Google Analytics has added flash tracking.
- TVcommerce? Evan Schuman reports on Domino’s and TiVo’s foray into television shopping – ordering a pizza through the TiVo interface. But no need for a tv-commerce shopping cart, Domino’s only takes cash.
- We love it when retailers show products in context, and Tom from the No Turn On Red Blog spotted Land’s End showing their jackets based on the temperature they’re best suited for. The fact Land’s End tested 100 outerwear styles is a strong value proposition for why someone should trust Land’s End’s website and purchase a coat from them and not from anyone else. Who else backs up their product descriptions or reviews with testing?
- Bryan Eisenberg explains how Homer Simpson’s diet is a lot like conversion optimization.
- Avinash Kaushik’s latest in classic Kaushik style: Experiment or Die: Five Reasons And Awesome Testing Ideas. Pretty much self-explanatory.