Thought we’d kick this week off with a hilarious video I came across via GrokDotCom:
- I linked to this yesterday, but it deserves another nod. Justin Palmer shares 3 creative ways online retailers handle product stock-outs. We incorporated his ideas into our Webinar on holiday marketing, when stock-outs are even more of a concern.
- For online retailers who drop ship, here’s 5 ways to start the new year right.
- Here’s a great example of using customer review content in print advertising from Best Buy.
- Miranda at Ecommerce Cache shows an incredible effort in comparing how retailers handle product search attributes. Full of screenshots.
- Matt at eCommerceOptimization explains “Live Link Video” – definitely a “Hey, why didn’t I think of that?” concept.
- Chad White reminds us why you must proof read your emails with the “Oopsy Hall of Fame”.
- Peter Lee at GrokDotCom noticed Crutchfield experimenting with a left side add to cart button placement. John Quarto-VonTivadar follows up with some food for thought on testing calls to action on left vs. right hand sides (or “stuck in the middle”) — complicated by the fact we’ve been conditioned to expect them on the right.
- Alexis Brion reminds us that site maps must be user friendly too, along with some design examples.
- File this under “What Were They Thinking?” E-Commerce Patent Issued For Online Shipping Calculation Process