Today’s is the most jam-packed Blogger’s Digest to date – but what can I say, it was a great week.
For our viral video this week, m0serious brings us another search marketing rap – this time PPC. I’m sorry I don’t have a link to the lyrics:
- I discovered a great ecommerce blog through one of our reader’s comments. This Week in Etail has an interesting post about Youtube videos and online retailers.
- Juan Tornce from GrokDotCom presents a strong case for why you should be creating Latino personas and offer Spanish translation.
- Andy Beard blogged about an exciting update to the MyBlogLog widget (see the pretty faces in the right hand column of this blog?). Still in Beta, the new MBL widget will show you the sites authored when you mouse over an avatar.
- Alexis Brion reminds us of the importance of sender name in emails with examples.
- Here’s a story from Internet Retailer on the success of Sephora’s In Girl consumer panel / viral marketing campaign.
- Miranda Marquit has compiled a gallery of ecommerce product detail pages for your inspiration and curiosity.
- Marketing Vox mentions a Forrester Research report on what consumers want from online retail experiences. Top of the list: User ratings and reviews.
- Ever wondered how you can snag a spot in Google definitions search? Esteban Panzera knows the way, and shares it with 11 Tips for Appearing at Google Definitions. Might I add that Esteban is proving my number one prediction for this year to be true…the Top 10 List is dead. Viva Eleven!
Tools, Events and Downloads
- Thanks to Mhairi Petrovic of Out-Smarts Marketing for blogging yesterday’s Love Your Landing Page Webinar.
- The Clix Marketing Blog posted a visual guide to Google ads and formats (PDF), showing you the various media and reasons for using each.
- 10e20 has a fantastic summary on a recent webinar on multi-national search marketing strategies. You can also watch the replay.
- RetailEmail has released an ROI calculator for B2C email marketers.
- The Email Experience Council recently held an event and has summarized the main takeaways for those who were unable to attend. There are some gems here like behavior targeting and personalized images.