Another week, another whack of great content. Our apologies for the blog-hack that happened Wednesday that prevented us from posting yesterday (thanks for all the emails, flowers, candy and cash that poured in from concerned readers, no I wasn’t hospitalized for carpal tunnel syndrome). We’re back in action today and totally making up for it with at least 4 posts, which I believe is a Get Elastic record!
If you still have eyeball juice after reading our posts, please visit my favorite links of the week. Or at least check ‘em out before Monday.
- Jack Aaronson writes about the virtues of geo-IP targeting (or just geotargeting) over at Clickz, using Sitebrand client BedBathStore.com as an example. Check out Sitebrand’s blog for some color commentary on how the geotargeting campaign is performing.
- Ever wonder how deleting product pages affects your SEO? Scott Allen has a great explanation plus solutions in E-Commerce SEO: How to Handle Deleted Products.
- The Bronto Blog has a neat video podcast called Brontofire. This week’s episode looks at 4 top online retailers’ email signup landing pages: Apple, Zappos, Best Buy and Overstock. 3 were losers and 1 was a winner, I’ll let you take a guess at which one was the star before checking out the link. There are also 5 tips on how to improve email signup. I’ll spoil the last tip: it’s sending welcome emails.
- Bryan Eisenberg reminds us to use product reviews to write better product descriptions, with an illustration of how effective this can be.
- Evan Schuman from Storefront Backtalk gives his impressions of the new Borders.com site, iincluding its innovative bookshelf browsing approach.