Several months ago we moved from a 5 post per week schedule to Monday, Wednesday, Friday here at Get Elastic, and consequently discontinued our Friday link-love-in called Bloggers Digest. A few readers expressed that they really liked the roundups, so I decided to bring it back!
Bloggers Digest will recap 10-or-so must-see posts for ecommerce enthusiasts from a variety of blog and news sources and will appear on the last posting day of each month. I also encourage you to add your own favorites in the comment section (so bookmark your faves in your feed readers). But I warn you, spam will be deleted!
OK, on with the links!
- Bryan Eisenberg has just launched a personal blog at BryanEisenberg.com. Check out his recent posts including How to Trim the Online Ad Budget, and follow Bryan on Twitter @thegrok
- This is a VERY important announcement regarding Google and search engine optimization: Google now lets you strip parameters from URLs. You now have a better weapon against duplicate content issues than the canonical URL tag.
- Graham Charlton from Econsultancy shares smart ways you can get your iPhone app featured by Apple. Follow Graham @gcharlton and Econsultancy @econsultancy
- Yes, yes, yes! Brian Clifton from Econsultancy reminds us that you can’t put too much stock in industry benchmarks, they can be misleading.
- Avinash Kaushik blows us away with many tools and tips for measuring the impact of your branding campaigns.
- Here’s one of the “coolest” (pun intended) ways to put a product in context: Canadian apparel retailer Mark’s Work Wearhouse lets you try on that ski jacket in the cold – right in store.
- Think a redesign will solve all your problems? Let Justin Palmer shake you out of the website redesign cycle, with a better solution.
- VKI Studios has a solid SEO evaluation of NFLShops. Have a read and make sure your online store is not guilty of any of these SEO sins.
- What else can you test to reduce shopping cart abandonment rate? Marketing Experiments has some great examples.