This week’s infographic is courtesy of VoucherCloud, and looks at the popularity of online coupons, who’s using them and why.
Click here to view original, full size infographic
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- Online coupon use rose from 16% in 2010 to 29% in 2013, mobile from 4% to 10% Tweet this
- 66 million digital coupons were redeemed in 2013 Tweet this
- 34% of smartphone owners will use their device for mobile coupons Tweet this
- 92% of consumers used online coupons in 2013 vs 64% in ‘07 Tweet this
- 53% of men use online coupons vs. 47% of women (surprised?) Tweet this
- 63% of consumers say they will reconsider an abandoned cart if offered a coupon Tweet this
- 96% of online coupon users use coupon websites to find them Tweet this
- Consumers are least interested in coupons that offer free shipping, most in $OFF Tweet this
- 43% of consumers believe discounts Tweet this
- 28% of consumers will share retailer deals via social media Tweet this
- 67% of consumers will Like a Facebook page to get 25% or more discount from a brand Tweet this
- 17% of consumers will Tweet or RT a deal to save 25% or more from a brand Tweet this
- 93% of coupon users are very likely to use coupons or discounts they receive via email Tweet this
- 40% of consumers share email deals via email to their friends Tweet this
- 70% of consumers say they’ve used a coupon or discount from a marketing email within the last week Tweet this