This week’s infographic from Baynote outlines how data influences the customer journey from discovery, to research / purchase intent, to checkout, post-purch and beyond.
Click to enlarge infographic
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- 89% of consumers use search engines to research purchases Tweet this
- 62% of all online searchers visit 1 of the top 3 results #SEO Tweet this
- 79% of consumers follow brands on social networks Tweet this
- 92% of consumers trust earned media (personal recommendation, reviews) over other forms of advertising Tweet this
- 70% of shoppers trust product reviews Tweet this
- 63% of consumers use smartphones to research purchases Tweet this
- 86% of customers are influenced by negative reviews Tweet this
- Less than 1/3 of retailers have a conversion rate better than 4% Tweet this
- 21% of consumers abandon online checkouts when they have an inefficient process Tweet this
- Personalized email boosts transaction rates by 6X Tweet this
- Personalized email is opened +29% and clicked +43% more than non-personalized Tweet this
- Only 30% of brands use personalized email Tweet this
- By 2018, 54% of transactions will happen on mobile Tweet this