2014 is moving fast…keep up with ecommerce trends with our monthly link feature. February was a short month but not short on great content!
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- In Facebook news, you can now put new call-to-action buttons in posts, Shop Now, Learn More, Sign Up, Book Now, Download.
- What happens at Netflix’ hack day? How about a feature that pauses your video when you fall asleep, and stream across devices with Bluetooth using just a tap, bypassing log in.
- Free shipping is the darling of ecommerce merchandisers – but does it work? Discover the psychology of free shipping at the Crazy Egg blog.
- Everyone wants to know — what kind of posts get the most attention, engagement and shares on Facebook?
- Why is your mobile cart abandonment rate high? Mobify shares the top 6 reasons.
- Remember A/B and multivariate testing with Google Website Optimizer? If you’re not up to speed with how it’s changed since becoming Google Content Experiments, you need to read Rich Page’s post Google Content Experiments: 12 Must-Knows Before Using.
- Econsultancy’s Avoiding ecommerce deployment disaster: 10 areas to watch delivers what it promises. Bonus: check out Business Insider’s How retailers track shoppers in heat maps. Cool stuff.
- Reduce, hide, stack, shift split, wrap? StyleCampaign dishes on the pros and cons of various ways to show navigation in responsive email. Guess what, this info can be applied to your responsive and mobile-designed sites as well.
- Screw skeumorphism – flat is the new black. Econsultancy showcases 20 stunning examples of minimal mobile UI design.
- What’s new with digital technology in retail stores? Econsultancy has 12 examples.
- If you’re on the fence about developing a native or Web-based mobile app, UX Magazine gives you the rundown on your options.