Blogger’s Digest is our monthly roundup of great content for ecommerce professionals from around the Web.
- Before we carve into the links, I want to invite you to check out our latest on-demand webinar on Monetizing Digital Content, a replay of my session at BOLO 2012. It covers a wide range of business model innovations and creative use of digital technologies across industries. Even if your business is not digital content, I think you’ll find the examples interesting.
- We love infographics here, and it’s near impossible to publish all the good ones. I’m sure you’ll find Invesp’s E-commerce Holiday Shopping Statistics and Trends and The Anatomy of the Perfect PPC Ad
- Google Analytics Custom Alerts is one of the most powerful but underused features. Do you know you can use Custom Alerts to monitor SEO?
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- According to its own usability studies, Baymard Institute found “sites with a non-linear checkout process left several of the test subjects confused and intimidated.” BI posted an article on its blog that demonstrates the pain of non-linear checkout and offers how to do it better.
- Another checkout faux pas is credit card expiration date formatting. Baymard Institute points out 40% of sites got it wrong, and offers a fix.
- Do you know why password masking can hurt your sign up form?
- In The Truth About Cats and Dogs: Smartphone vs Tablet Usage Differences, the Flurry blog charts its research including this gem:
- What’s the secret to Amazon’s massive mobile success? Econsultancy offers 12 reasons (that are not impossible to adopt).
- Econsultancy asks the experts What is responsive design and do you really need it?
- Smart Insights tells us why email open rate is as “useful as your appendix,” with 5 points why you should be looking at other KPIs when measuring email marketing effectiveness.