This week’s infographic comes from the GO-Gulf.com Blog, Ecommerce in the Middle East: Statistics and Trends. With 90 million Internet users and only 15% of businesses with an online presence, there’s room to grow. B2C online sales are expected to jump to $15 Billion by 2015, up from only $9 Billion last year.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- The estimated number of Internet users in the Middle East is 90 million Tweet this
- Only 15% of Middle Eastern businesses have an online presence Tweet this
- B2B ecommerce sales in MENA (Middle East/N Africa) to reach est. $15B in 2105 vs. $9B in 2012 Tweet this
- The value of mcommerce in Middle East/N Africa could reach $4.9B US by 2015 Tweet this
- 52% of shoppers over the age of 26 in Middle East/N Africa shop online Tweet this
- 31% of Middle East/N African shoppers under the age of 16 shop online Tweet this
- 68% of online shoppers in Middle East/N Africa are male Tweet this
- 70-80% of online purchases in the Middle East are paid by COD, 30% paid online Tweet this
- 47% of e-shoppers in the Middle East use prepaid cards vs 30% credit or bank transfer, 28% COD, 27% paypal Tweet this
- 33% of Internet users in the Middle East regularly use the Internet to purchase or research products Tweet this
- The 3 most popular online shopping categories in the Middle East: Online games (41%), computer software (31%), Electronics (28%) Tweet this