The holiday season is fast-approaching, and has already begun for some keen shoppers. This week’s infographic from Monetate combines stats on holiday shopping behavior with some tips for growing online sales this season.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- Holiday ecommerce sales were $35.3 Billion in 2011 Tweet this
- The internet is predicted to account for 44% of retail sales by 2016 Tweet this
- Average order value increased by $14.08 on avg from Q2 to Q3 2012 Tweet this
- 41% of shoppers will spend more money online on Thanksgiving weekend than the rest of the year Tweet this
- Cyber Monday generated >$1B in sales last year, the top online sales day of the season Tweet this
- 81% of consumers report they will shop online instead of in-store on Cyber Monday Tweet this
- 46% of shoppers hear about holiday deals by retail email vs. 39% who visit the website directly, 8% from search and 6% from comparison sites Tweet this
- 16% of consumers shopped online w/ mobile device last holiday season Tweet this
- 30% of smartphone shoppers use it to compare prices, 17% make a purchase Tweet this
- 29% of tablet shoppers use it to compare prices, 47% make a purchase Tweet this
- Q4 2011 conversion rates by device: 3.47% desktop, 3.23% tablet, 1.25% smartphone Tweet this
- Green Monday 2011 sales reached $1.13B, this year it’s December 10 Tweet this
- 55% of online shoppers expect free shipping on every order Tweet this