This post is a companion to today’s Webinar “12 Things Retailers Must Learn From Christmas ’07” and points to Get Elastic posts and other websites mentioned in the session, along with some additional resources you might find helpful.
Whether you caught the presentation or not you’ll find this a handy reference for your holiday marketing planning.
Choosing the right promotions
• Examples of Facebook marketing creative and landing pages.
• Future Now’s 2007 Retail Customer Experience Survey results.
• Examples of Christmas home page designs.
• Palmer Web Marketing’s post on saving stockout sales.
• Trigger email tip for recovering abandoned shopping carts with email, you can use this for low-stocked items sitting in an abandoned cart.
• Detailed post on shipping cutoff dates.
• Store locator usability examples and tips.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
• Example of the word-of-mouth effect that Zappos-type return shipping policies can have.
• 12 Can’t Miss Email Strategies for Online Retailers
webinar replay and summary blog post.
• Net-A-Porter’s example of emailing your wishlist.
• If you’re looking for inspiration on a particular season, check out RetailEmail.Blogspot’s seasonal archive. From Breast Cancer Awareness Month to Earth Day, you can see screenshots of email campaigns and scan subject lines.
• Cross-selling dos and don’ts with examples from top online retailers.
Capturing last minute shoppers
We have several posts on this:
• Upresent.com is the service that allows you to add gift notification services to your e-store.
You’ll also enjoy our Webinar with Melissa Burdon of Future Now: 7 Simple Ways to Boost Your Holiday Conversion Rate.
Happy holiday marketing!