This week’s infographic comes from Invesp, rounding up stats on how comapnies use social media marketing.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- Internet users spend 22.5% of their time online social networking Tweet this
- By 2015, social commerce is expected to reach $30 billion globally Tweet this
- 87% of the Fortune 100 use at least one social media presence, Twitter most popular Tweet this
- 87% of companies have both Facebook and Twitter presences vs. just over 50% for Youtube and Linkedin Tweet this
- Only slightly more than 1/3 of companies worldwide have a presence on Pinterest and/or Google+ Tweet this
- More than 80% of SMBs plan to increase social media marketing in 2013 Tweet this
- 62% of marketers say social media has become more vital to marketing campaigns w/in the last 6mos Tweet this
- 25% of SMBs have no social marketing strategy Tweet this
- 28% of SMBs measure the ROI of their social media marketing Tweet this
- 83% of companies say Facebook is their preferred social tool for brand marketing Tweet this
- On average, companies only respond to 30% of feedback received through social media websites Tweet this
- Only 26% of businesses regularly include a call-to-action in their tweets Tweet this
- Only 44% of customer question tweets are answered within 24hrs Tweet this
- 56% of customer tweets to companies are ignored Tweet this
- 39% of companies do not track their social media responses at all Tweet this
- 46% of online users use social media to review purchase decisions Tweet this
- Only 30 of the top 500 online retailers allow users to log-in with Facebook Tweet this
- Less than 20% of companies have integrated social media with their customer care, sales or product development Tweet this