This week’s ‘fographic is courtesy of Conversion Voodoo, on a topic many ecommerce pros are obsessed about — cart abandonment.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- The average shopping cart abandonment rate is 55-75% Tweet this
- 57% of cart abandoners are not ready to purchase but want to estimate shipping cost Tweet this
- 56% of cart abandoners are not ready to purchase but want to save the cart for later Tweet this
- Only 65% of brands display security information within the checkout process Tweet this
- The average checkout process is 5.6 pages long Tweet this
- 40% of online shoppers don’t create an account because they expect to receive spam – even if they don’t opt in for email Tweet this
- 24% of cart abandonment due to delivery times occurs because clear delivery estimate is not provided Tweet this
- Only 5% of shoppers select next-day shipping Tweet this
- 93% of consumers would make more online purchases if shipping was free Tweet this
- 55% of shopping cart abandonment occurs due to shipping costs Tweet this
- 42% of shoppers want online stores to improve the ease of returns Tweet this
- 33% of online shoppers want ecommerce sites to have clearer return policies Tweet this
- 89% of shoppers indicate they “always” or “sometimes” check return policies before buying Tweet this