Keeping with the mobile theme this week, our Friday ‘graphic by KISSmetrics rounds up some sweet stats on mobile Web usage.
Click to enlarge infographic
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- In 2012, ~80% of US Web traffic came from desktop, 15% from smartphones, 6% from tablets Tweet this
- In 2012 85% of desktop traffic was Windows vs 13% Apple OSX Tweet this
- In 2012 95% of tablet traffic was from iPad, 5% other Tweet this
- In 2012 72% of smartphone traffic was Apple, 26% Android Tweet this
- It’s predicted mobile phones will overtake desktops as most commonly used device to access the Web this year Tweet this
- Purchases made on mobile devices on Black Friday ’12 increased 40% vs. ’11 Tweet this
- PayPal reports mobile payment volume increased 1.9x on Black Friday ’12 vs ’11 Tweet this
- 1.66x more people shopped with mobile devices Black Friday ’12 vs ’11 Tweet this
- Most consumers are willing to wait ~5s for a site to load on a mobile device vs. 3s for desktop users Tweet this
- It takes over 10 sessions using an app for 44% of eventual buyers to make their first in-app purchase Tweet this