This post is part three our Social Media Guide, a companion post to our presentation “Self-evolving eCommerce: Using Consumer Generated Content for Fun and Profit” at the Shop.org Annual Summit in Las Vegas.
The offense is running the play that was called and looking for a few key blocks.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- Comment on blogs
- Link to other bloggers and social media creators (Ego-capital)
- Join blogging networks – MyBlogLog
2. Open Up
- Open commenting
- Don’t pre-moderate
- Use spam filters like Askimet or Spam Karma to weed out the “buy XYZ now” comments
- RSS is key (Learn about RSS: RSS in Plain English)
- Web 1.0: Email this to a friend
- Web 2.0: Add bookmarking links like “add to Facebook” on Chapters
- Make friends with influencers (see point #1)
- Mine Technorati
- BuzzLogic (identifies sphere of influence for markets – starts at 12k/mo)
- Submit to social sites (Digg, Reddit, Del.icio.us, Stumbleupon, etc.)