There’s a lot of mystery around the revenue driving potential of social media marketing. This week’s infographic comes from AddShoppers, which keeps tabs on social conversion data across networks for over 10,000 online retailers. The data can also be segmented by industry, cool stuff.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
Do the numbers surprise you? They did me. Please chime in in the comments what you think, and tweet your favorite stats.
- The average social share for commercial products produces $2.04 in value Tweet this
- The average email share (friend to friend) is worth $17.93 in revenue Tweet this
- The average Google+ share is worth $10.78 in revenue Tweet this
- The average Facebook share is worth $2.35 in revenue Tweet this
- The average Twitter share is worth $1.62 in revenue Tweet this
- The average Pinterest share is worth $1.25 in revenue Tweet this
- Facebook accounts for 39% of social revenue vs 20% Twitter, 16% email Tweet this
- Apparel is the most social-shared retail category followed by general stores and electronics Tweet this
- Cameras are the least socially shared consumer product but has the highest per-share value at $19.75 Tweet this
- Tumblr beats Facebook, Google+ and Twitter in social AOV at $200.33. Google+ next at $192.77 Tweet this