Will 2014 be the year of the mobile — again?
It’s definitely a year where you can no longer ignore optimizing your mobile experience. Invesp Consulting has compiled a number of stats to illustrate why, more than ever, the time is now for mobile optimization.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- Android devices account for 42% of mobile traffic Tweet this
- Mobile commerce now accounts for 23% of online sales Tweet this
- Only 35% of businesses have a mobile optimized site today Tweet this
- Companies with mobile sites are 3x more likely to have a mobile conversion rate >5% Tweet this
- 97% of mobile cart abandons are due to distraction from unnecessary elements and multiple checkout steps Tweet this
- 55% of purchase related conversions occur w/n 1 hr of initial mobile search Tweet this
- 43% of consumers are unlikely to return to a slow mobile site Tweet this
- Tablet visitors are nearly 3x more likely to convert than smartphone visitors Tweet this
- 52% of tablet users prefer shopping with their tablet vs. their PC Tweet this
- 72% of tablet owners shop with their tablets on a weekly basis Tweet this