This week’s infographic is courtesy of VoucherCloud, rounding up a whack-o-stats on consumer behavior around purchase and checkout.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Join over 20,000 ecommerce leaders who have subscribed
and receive expert advice about the world of enterprise commerce.
- 57% of online shoppers will abandon a site after waiting 3s for page load, 80% won’t return Tweet this
- 92.6% of online shoppers believe visuals are the top influential factor affecting a purchase decision Tweet this
- Offering multiple product views and alternate images leads to 58% more web sales Tweet this
- 57% of online shoppers have more confidence in purchasing a product after viewing product video Tweet this
- 52% of online shoppers say they are willing to stay longer on sites that use product video Tweet this
- 45% of online shoppers are more likely to return to a retailer who integrates video into the website experience Tweet this
- 85% of consumers read online reviews for local business before purchase, 79% trust them as much as a personal recommendation Tweet this
- 41% of online shoppers will abandon a checkout due to “sticker shock” Tweet this
- 29% of online shoppers will abandon checkout if asked to register (24% of ecommerce sites require reg) Tweet this
- Only 10% of online shoppers will abandon a checkout process they perceive as “too long” Tweet this
- 50% of ecommerce checkouts ask for the same information twice Tweet this
- Men are more likely to abandon checkout than women Tweet this
- 81% of online retailers pre-check newsletter opt-ins in registration (40% of consumers don’t want them) Tweet this
- 59% of consumers consider shipping costs when making online purchase decisions Tweet this
- More than 80% of consumers feel safer seeing logos of trustworthy payment options on a site Tweet this
- 40% of online shoppers say they have more confidence with sites that offer >1 payment option Tweet this