If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Get out your bookmarking tool of choice and save this resource list from GrokDotCom: The Missing Google Analytics Manual. Links to helpful posts from setup to reporting to hacking Google Analytics. It will take you a while to read through them all but it’s well worth it!
- The Really Missing Online Voice of the Customer Manual (Part 1) explains 3 ways you can ask for customer feedback on your site and whets your appetite for part 2: customer survey research design and what questions to ask.
- Last week Marketing Vox reported Google was accepting advertisers in its plus-box Beta (showing images in paid search ads), and this week Yahoo announced its own pilot program – accepting only big brands, for now.
- Sally McKenzie’s post From B2C to B2B and Back: What B2B Sites Can Learn from eCommerce is timely, as we had some questions about B2B in this week’s webinar The Ecommerce Platform of the Future (a topic Sally also presented with Brian Walker at the Shop.org Strategy and Innovation Forum earlier this month). PS, the webinar is now available for replay.
- Google’s caught in the act again, this time testing SearchWiki feedback in paid search ads. See the screenshot at Search Engine Roundtable.