Hey Get Elastic readers, we’re looking for an ecommerce consultant to add to our team! If you’d like to live in beautiful Vancouver, BC and think life at Elastic Path would be right for you, please consider applying for the position. Or if you know someone who would be a good fit, please pass this on! Details as follows… Elastic Path Software provides a flexible ecommerce platform and professional services for enterprises. We’ve doubled our revenue for the past 3 years. We’ve recently been named #25 on PROFIT Magazine’s fastest-growing companies in Canada and have received Emerging Company of the Year Award from BCTIA. Over 200 customers including Aeroplan, Samsonite, the Vancouver 2010 Olympics and key partners such as Oracle have selected us as their ecommerce solution. We currently have 100+ of the smartest people on our team and recently opened a UK office. As a growing company, we offer a fast-paced, high energy work environment. What’s exciting about ecommerce?
Ecommerce is one of the few industries still going strong, and that growth is projected to continue. As such, Elastic Path is in a good position to take advantage of these market opportunities. We’ve taken the best of Java technologies to provide a well-architected ecommerce platform that helps customers accelerate innovation while decreasing costs and risk.
We’re looking for an exceptional ecommerce consultant
The ecommerce consultant will join our professional services team and will have the opportunity to work on leading edge ecommerce tactics with our clients. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for ecommerce and a desire to grow with our company to potentially become a Principal. You’ll be working in a very dynamic environment where your energy and ideas will always be valued.
• Draw on your ecommerce expertise to help clients improve their results: to Design and help close ecommerce consulting engagements o Structure consulting work plans based on sound management consulting methodologies o Understand the cost drivers, tactical and technology options for typical ecommerce challenges o Build practical recommendations and guide implementation o Understand financial models and construct business cases to support recommendations
• Create long-term relationships as a trusted advisor at the executive and management levels • Identify new opportunities for ecommerce • Provide ongoing, high-leverage advice on ecommerce best practices
• Be completely immersed in ecommerce best practices, new ideas, and business models, possibly presenting at industry events such as Shop.Org and Internet Retailer, as well as EP webinars
• Travel as required (approximately 25%) It’s as important for you to find the right company as it is for us to find the right candidate. We believe there are some unique skill sets required to succeed in this position:
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of ecommerce consulting experience combined with a solid track record of success
- 10 years experience in a progressively more senior business with proven success implementing digital strategy for successful ecommerce sites
- Understanding of the ecommerce vendor industry (software, services, search engines, etc.) • Successful leadership experience combined with a strong background in product management • Strong communications, facilitation and, problem solving skills
- Able to handle multiple demands and priorities simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of IT and application development • Operational experience with a complex ecommerce site (as a Director of ecommerce, merchandising manager or marketing manager) is an asset
- Consulting methodology and training is also an asset We’re also looking for someone who fits well with our corporate culture: • Strong interest in ecommerce
- Healthy work ethic and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to take direction and openness to feedback
- Superior project management skills with great attention to detail
- Quick learner and resourcefulness in solving problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Join our team We offer a competitive benefits package, a profit sharing bonus, and many cool perks. If you want challenging projects, the opportunity to work with equally driven people, and to be part of something remarkable then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply at http://www.elasticpath.com/jobs/